If preventing hair loss is something that you would like to do, then this article will be extremely helpful to you. Read on to not only get some great tips for preventing hair loss, but also learn what you can do to help stop your hair-loss and even encourage new hair growth.
I’ve been studying hair-loss for quite some time now, primarily because I know that I will start losing my hair at some point soon. I figure if I start educating myself now, I’ll be able to properly address the problem when it arises.
One thing I learned is that your diet can help in preventing hair loss. You should eat adequate amounts of protein since amino acids are essential for the body to build new cells, including hair. You should also eat appropriate levels of useful carbohydrates and dietary fats which will provide your body with energy it needs to help in the growth of body tissues, including hair.
And also remember to base your choices of meals and snacks based on the three keys to healthy eating:
* Variety – no single food will give you all the nutrients your body needs to function properly.
* Moderation – balance out excess sugars and fats with better choices at the next meal.
* Wholesomeness– choose natural or lightly process foods as often as possible because they usually have more nutritional value and less damaging additives.
Another thing I notice more and more everyday is that there are SO MANY products and treatments available on the market today that are completely WORTHLESS. They are designed very poorly, they make unrealistic claims about their capabilities, and they must be stealing millions of dollars from miseducated consumers.
Believe it or not, besides getting hair transplants or other form of surgical procedure done, there are only 2 specific medications that have been FDA-approved to be effective at preventing hair loss. These are:
1. Finasteride – This is the most recent treatment that was approved by the FDA and it’s considered to be the best option for most people. It’s a prescription medication so you have to talk to your doctor before taking it. But even though it’s very effective, many men will not take it because it’s known to cause adverse sexual side effects in some men including impotence, erectile dysfunction, and decreased libido.
2. Minoxidil – This is a nonprescription medication usually found in a 5% solution in a topical cream. Even though it’s not as effective for as many people as Finasteride is, Minoxidil is considered to be a great first-time treatment. And it’s certainly much safer than Finasteride (especially for younger people who are still sexually active). I know that when I have to choose a treatment for preventing hair loss, I’d try this one first.